Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Casa Youth Shelter. We are interested in bright and energetic individuals to join our family!
Youth Supervisors are directly responsible for the day-to-day residential operations of Casa Youth Shelter and under the direction of the Staff Coordinator.
Position duties and requirements
- Supervision of daily activities of clients in residence.
- Maintain and enforce house rules in a firm, fair compassionate and common-sense manner.
- Keep the house in a neat and orderly fashion at all times.
- Prepare meals in accordance with meal schedule.
- Record pertinent information regarding clients which would be helpful to counselors and other Youth Supervisors.
- At the end of each shift, record time spent with each client in the correct column in client files.
- Provide house security and control during your shift.
- Perform emergency pre-intake phone interviews and crisis calls as required, as well as perform Intakes when needed.
- Provide assistance to clients.
- Assign chores and tasks to residents, monitor performance and completion.
- In coordination with Staff Coordinator, plan and facilitate activities for the residents.
- Constantly (log every 15 minutes) monitor resident whereabouts and behavior.
- In coordination with the Counselors, Staff Coordinator, Clinical Director, and Executive Director, implement rewards and consequences for residents’ behavior.
- Two years of college or equivalent experience. Ability to relate well with adolescents and handle emergencies calmly.
- Current California driver’s license, automobile liability insurance, negative TB Test, and positive DMV print out.
- Must complete Live Scan and Background clearance.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Bianca Gonzalez, Staff Coordinator via email firstname.lastname@example.org. State “Youth Supervisor” in the subject line.
Casa Youth Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Placement Site.
Start helping youth today with these exciting volunteer opportunities: