Updated March 25, 2020 and Effective Until Further Notice
Casa Youth Shelter is Open
We are committed to remaining open for youth in crisis who need us. Homeless youth and teens who are in danger need our services, and we will be here for them for as long as we are able.
For 24/7 crisis call support or intake, please call (800) 914-CASA (2272).
Residential Shelter Care Program, Facility, and Staffing Adjustments
Maintaining the safety of our staff and our youth is our highest priority.
- Staff will continue to follow strict hygiene and cleanliness procedures as recommended by the CDC.
- Crisis calls and intakes will include questions about health and travel as recommended by the CDC, with all new intakes approved by the Program and Clinical Director.
- Offsite resident outings have been suspended.
- Staffing will be limited onsite.
- Our gates will be locked for security purposes. If any non-staff member needs to come to the shelter for any reason, they must call ahead at (562) 594-6825.
- Counseling services are being provided via telephone or video conference.
Temporarily Suspended Programs:
- Tours and visits to the shelter are canceled until further notice.
- All volunteer activities have been suspended.
- Parenting and Teen Drop-In classes have been canceled until the end of March, with the potential to move to an online format in April. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Youth Leadership Program onsite meetings will be canceled, and we are identifying alternative options for engagement. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
We are so appreciative of the people who have asked how they can help during this challenging time.
Donations will be gratefully accepted, and will be temporarily limited to items of immediate need:
- Pre-Packaged or Commercially Prepared Foods
- Paper Goods
- Cleaning Supplies
- Hygiene Products
- Financial Support
To reduce personal contact, please feel free to use our online wish lists, from which supplies are sent directly to us:
As a precaution, we are asking that donations be left at the front door of the shelter. Donors will be asked to ring the bell to let staff know they are there, and they will fill out a form so a receipt can sent to them via email or standard mail. Communication can happen through our intercom system, as needed. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.